Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Recovery lunch

This is what I had for lunch today after my gym session, I tried to make something a bit healthy and packed with protein, and crayfish omelette it is! This is actually super-tasty, so tasty I had it for lunch yesterday as well. I don't know if it's very healthy because I put quite a bit of cheese on it, but I guess it would work fine if you're on the Atkins or LCHF-diet (which I'm not).
You'll need this:
About half a can of crayfish (shrimp would work just as well, I don't think crayfish is very common outside of Sweden/Scandinavia)
Two eggs
1 dl of milk
Oil/butter for frying
Salt, pepper and cayenne pepper
Cheese
Sun-dried tomatoes
Lettuce/salad mix
Vinaigrette

Crack the eggs in a bowl and add milk, finish the batter off with some salt and fresh ground pepper (please use fresh ground at not ready ground, it will taste a million times better!), melt some butter or oil in a frying pan, when the butter is melted and spread over the surface you simple add the batter. Let it fry for a few minutes on low temperature, add cayenne pepper. When it has turned from liquid to a more solid texture you can add cheese and crayfish/shrimp. I'm really not that skilled at making a good-looking omelette, I don't really know when it's actually done and putting it on your plate too early makes i break, but it's fine if it does, it just won't look too good. Serve with some kind of salad, I just put some salad mix and sun-dried tomatoes on my plate and sprinkled over a bit of vinaigrette.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment