Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 03 - My Parents

My parents are the loveliest people in the world, but I haven't always been of this opinion. Me and my mum have always been good friends, but back when I lived at home I was in a constant war with my dad. I've always been kind of your typical teenager, who wont listen to whatever rules your parents set up for you, and my dad was always the one who were more strict with rules than my mum, so naturally we got into arguments a lot. But as soon as I moved out, I started to appreciate both my parents a lot, and nowadays I have nothing but good things to say about them!

My mum is very nice and kind, I've always felt that she cares a lot for me. I feel like I have a "friend-relationship" with her, and I love having girly days where we go into town to have lunch and see a movie. When I lived at home she always cheered me up with Ben & Jerry's-dinners when I was feeling down, and she's always been kind of spoiling me.

My dad and I are kind of a like personality-wise, we share the same sense of humour and sometimes the same taste in music as well. Growing up I spent most time with my dad, since my mum was the one who's been working more, so my dad is the one who's always been there during my childhood. I start to notice now how my dad has really shaped me as a person, his lectures finally made an impact, and even though 15-year-old me wouldn't have liked it, I really liked the personally traits I've inherited.

Being away from home, I really miss my parents, and I can't wait going home for Christmas to see them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment